Registered Massage Therapists (RMT’s) in British Columbia are health care professionals who have been educated and trained to accurately assess and treat with techniques that include massage, joint mobilization, and hydrotherapy. Registered Massage Therapy is an effective form of health care which may provide the following benefits.
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation
- Improving immune system functioning
- Increasing lymphatic drainage
- Reducing depression and anxiety
- Reducing tension within muscles
- Increasing body awareness
The conditions treated by registered massage therapy include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Anxiety and depression
- Back, leg, and neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and bursitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle tension and spasm
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pregnancy and labour support
- Sports injuries Strains and sprains
As well as registered massage therapy, the RMT’s at Rosemary Heights Clinic will also provide rehabilitative exercise such as stretching, strengthening, and postural exercises to facilitate healing and improve general health.
Please note, the registered massage therapists at Rosemary Heights Clinic have all completed a 3000 hour massage therapy program and have passed provincial licensing exams.